About me (cv)
I am a PhD Candidate in the Computer Information, Science, and Engineering Department at the University of Florida. I work in the Database System Research Center. I am advised by Dr. Daisy Wang and Dr. Joseph N. Wilson.
I am interested in novel methods for answering difficult questions. This includes everything from traditional relational databases to intelligent question answering systems.
My work is using queries to improve or change traditional computational tasks. This includes new paradigms for text analytics, entity resolution and search.
I was awarded the 2010 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship in the Database Information Retrieval and Web Search area.
- I guest lectured in the Project in data science class (slides).
- I will be attending the Broadening Participation in Data Mining (2014) workshop at KDD'14. I am serving as the webmaster.
- Our paper Streaming Fact Extraction for Wikipedia Entities at Web-Scale was accepted at the 27th FLAIRS Conference.
- I will be teaching Information Systems and Databases I in Spring 2014.
- I presented our paper GPText: Greenplum Parallel Statistical Text Analysis Framework at the Data analytics in the Cloud (DanaC) workshop at SIGMOD.
- I was awarded a scholarship to attend the Tapia Conference where I presended a poster, participated in the doctoral consortium and facilitated a Birds of a Feather session on Big Data.
- Our paper MADden: Query-Driven Statistical Text Analytics has been accepted the CIKM 2012 demo session.
- Our paper "Automatic Knowledge Base Construction using Probabilistic Extraction, Deductive Reasoning, and Human Feedback" was accepted as a poster to AKBC-WEKEX 2012.
- I was rewarded a scholarship to present my work at the SIAM-SDM broadening participation workshop.
- We created a real-time twitter search system as part of the TREC Microblog Track. Details avaliable upon request.
- I will be presenting a BoF session at Tapia 2011 on Data Kindness on the Internet. [Slides] [Resources]
- I added a utility /flockcheck to quickly check for common twitter users.
- I passed my PhD qualifying written exam!
- Our paper Morpheus: A Deep Web Question Answering System was accepted to iiWAS2010 in the ERPAS track.